The University of Pittsburgh requires every student, faculty and staff member to comply with certain mitigation measures unless they provide proof that they have been vaccinated. Community members will be assumed to be unvaccinated unless they provide evidence of being fully vaccinated. People are considered fully vaccinated:
- After their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccines, or
- After a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
Please see options below for uploading COVID-19 vaccination cards below as proof of vaccination. The use of information regarding an individual’s vaccination status will be limited to the purposes of our virus control program and will be accessed only by appropriately authorized personnel.
Prior to starting the process, it is recommended that you photograph or scan the front of the card which includes your name, what COVID-19 vaccine you received and the date(s) you received the vaccine. Save this photo or file to your computer or smartphone to upload as described below.
If you lost your vaccination card, please visit the PittCoVax Vaccination Center on Fifth Avenue where they can provide a replacement after verifying vaccination information.
Upload your proof of vaccination to your campus student health service.
- Bradford students: upload through the Student Health Patient Portal. Read instructions.
- Greensburg students: on-campus residents upload through this portal. Commuter students upload through this portal.
- Johnstown students: upload through Campus Services. Click “Go” next to “Update my vaccine status.”
- Pittsburgh students: upload through the Student Health Service portal. Read instructions.
- Titusville students: upload through the Student Health Patient Portal. Read instructions.
Employees (faculty and staff on all campuses)
Upload your proof of vaccination online. You will be required to complete a short form with the type and dates of your vaccine and upload your photo or image.
Please note that it is generally easier to complete the form and upload a file from most smartphone devices as compared to desktop computers. Detailed instructions may be found in this Word document.
University members are required to to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Unvaccinated or undisclosed individuals are required by the University to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test between Monday-Saturday, every week of the term. Read more about the vaccine requirement and mandatory testing. All University members should refrain from asking others about their vaccination status as such dialogue could prompt disclosure of confidential medical information, which is protected under the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990).